Monday, March 11, 2013

Western Brand Hunter 640 Knife

Western Hunting Knife Model 640

Western Hunter 640
According to wikipedia, The Western Knife Company was a manufacturer of hunting knives which began operations in Boulder, Colorado in 1896.

This vintage knife has what appears to be a stag handle, carbon steel blade, and an emobossed leather sheath. The sheath embossing is of oak leaves and acorns. It is stitched and riveted.



The "640" is stamped in the brass hand-guard (quillion) and the words "WESTERN U.S.A." are stamped in the base of the blade.

I've seen values on it ranging from the 40s to the 120s, so I started it at 20 and hope for the best.

If you are a Western Knife Collector, please check out this listing.
There are more pictures on my ebay listing.

I let that listing expire, but I still have the knife. I'll probably renew it soon. In the meantime, here's a deal from amazon:




No comments:

Post a Comment